Valley District Dental Society
DATE: Wednesday, November 8, 2017
PLACE: The Marriott, 2 Boland Way, Springfield, MA.
General Registration: 8:30 A.M.
Meeting: 9:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M. 7 CEU Lecture
Speaker: Dr. Samuel Low, DDS
With periodontitis being the major contributor for tooth loss in the practice of dentistry, resolving the disease process requires the entire dental team's commitment to a systematic approach. This presentation will provide the participant with user-friendly protocols and technological solutions to find and manage periodontal disease. Take the frustration out of delivering periodontal care and gain success with patient case acceptance, tooth retention, and financial reward.
This presentation will cover:
1. Standardizing the collection of periodontal data in an efficient manner to accurately determine the prognosis of restorative abutments considering when to extract and place implants.
2. Empowering the dental hygienist with expanded work descriptions beyond the "prophy".
3. Investigating computer system approaches to risk assessment determination.
4. Developing "realistic"non-surgical therapies and the respective reevaluation with emphasis on "new" anti-inflammatory systems including micro-ultrasonics and laser technology, and nutraceuticals such as probiotics and antioxidants.
5. Determining the efficacy of utilizing various laser wavelengths in sulcular decontamination, degranulation, new attachment, and bone regeneration.
6. Reviewing successful parameters to determine tooth survival in short and long term prognosis.
7. Establishing a quality periodontal maintenance program that enhances the restorative practice including third party reimbursement.
8. Creating positive interactions between dentists, periodontists, and dental hygienists through communication skills and continuous quality improvement to enhance esthetics, tooth retention, and implant placement.
The Speaker: Dr. Sam Low, DDS
Dr. Sam Low provides dentists and dental hygienists with the tools needed for successfully managing the periodontal patient in general and periodontal practices.
As an associate faculty member of the L.D. Pankey Institute for 20 years and Professor Emeritus, University of Florida, College of Dentistry, Dr. Low's many years' experience training dental professionals is evident in his straightforward, informative, and entertaining teaching style.
Dr. Low's presentations focus on creating positive interactions between dentists, periodontists, and dental hygienists through communication skills and continuous quality improvement to enhance esthetics, tooth retention, and implant placement.
Recommended Audience: Dentists, Specialists, Hygienist, & Dental Assistants.
ADA C.E.RP./Continuing Education
*The Valley District is an ADA CERP recognized provider, approved by the Massachusetts Dental Society.
ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality
providers for continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or
instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry. Concerns or complaints about
CE provider may be directed to the provider or to ADA CERP at www.ada.org/goto/cerp.
*Valley District Dental Society is designated an approved PACE Program Provider by the Academy of
General Dentistry. The formal continuing education programs of this program provider are accepted by
AGD for Fellowship, Mastership and membership maintenance credit. Approval does not imply acceptance
by a state or provincial board of dentistry or AGD endorsement. The current term of approval extends from
8/25/2017 to 8/24/2021. AGD ID is 212267 and the subject code 780.
NEW FOR THIS COURSE!!!
In an effort to streamline our registration process and control costs, the Valley District Dental Society is implementing a new online registration/payment portal. Visit http://bpt.me/3113060 and select the correct ticket types for Doctors (ADA Dentists), Non-ADA Dentists, Retired Dentists/Residents, or Auxiliary/Dental Students in your practice. You will be asked for the names of all attendees and can pay using a debit/credit card. Please print your tickets and bring them with you. REFUNDS WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE AFTER NOVEMBER 1, 2017.
Registration runs through November 1st at the following rates:
Doctor (ADA Dentist) - $295
Non-ADA Dentists - $375
Retired Dentists/Residents - $165
Auxiliary/Dental Students - $150
NO REGISTRATION WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER NOVEMBER 1st. There is no registration at the door. If you would like to pay by check or call in credit card information to Amy any time prior to November 1st, please be aware that a $5 additional fee will apply. You may call Amy at the Valley Dental Society at (413) 568-8200 Monday, Wednesday, or Friday from 10a.m. until 3p.m.